Monday, October 18, 2010

Meeting Clarice!

I had the great pleasure of meeting
the person behind the blog
and the author of her new book~
Clarice Fox-Hughes.

Her book signing was on Saturday
and I live only an hour or so away
so how could I not attend!
Held in the quaint little Seabold Hall
on beautiful Bainbridge Island.
A beautiful, sunny Autumn day shines down on
Seabold Hall

The handcrafted banner by Clarice

Delightful little vignettes throughout

A table set with dainty samplings
of Clarice's/Wren's recipes!

The charming Clarice herself
signing my copy of Wren Bay!
Clarice is no longer a faceless name
behind a blog title
or an aloof author of a
ho-hum book,
but a sweet, new friend
who just happens to write
from her heart those
things that endear us
to 'the making of a home.'
~*~

"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home..."
From Titus 2

8 comments:

Nadine said...

You are so blessed to have gone to Clarice's book signing party! I so wanted to go, but life got in the way of going...how sad! It looks like you had a lovely time!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Rebecca said...

What a thrill this must have been (and on such a BEAUTIFUL day)!

I'm going over to check out her blog NOW!

Anonymous said...

But no picture of you :(

I am so glad that you had such a good time. This is a book that I would be picking up also...it is on my Christmas list :)

Thank you for sharing dear friend,

M.

??????????????????????????????? said...

Aww...isn't Clarice wonderful?
She's in one of my groups and I just love her!
Can't wait to receive my book!
Isn't it a small world?

Cheri said...

What fun! It looks like a lovely time was had by all. I've only been able to meet one of my bloggy friends. Almost met Becky when I was up north last week.

But would someday like to meet ...you!

Camille said...

How FUN!! So lovely that you had the chance to meet up and DID it!! Precious memories. :)

Blessings to you this day my friend!
Camille

Simply Heart And Home said...

What a delightful occasion. I would have loved to join you!

Gina

Mrs. E said...

How wonderful, Lady Farmer! :)
That is fabulous!!

Blessings~ Miss Jen