Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
- Got up early Saturday morning to take Gentleman Farmer to Cabela's to get his Christmas present that he FINALLY decided on ~ a 'game camera' to take photos of wildlife on a game trail. They come on sale. :~P
- Picked up some fabric for making new aprons for my Etsy Store
- Did some weeding in the flower beds
- Did lots of watering of 40 tomato plants and six teepee's of pole beans and twelve flower pots on the fence posts that line the driveway
- Made an awesome meatloaf
- Made butter with raw Jersey cream
- Went to the last Sunday School class (The Truth Project) of the quarter.
- Listened to dear missionary friends from the Philippines speak at church
- Cut out some pieces of a baby layette pattern for an upcoming baby shower gift
- Made Cheesesteak Sandwiches on Garlic Sourdough bread and Homemade Milkshakes for dinner. Yumm!
"This is the day that the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
...and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees"
Below is some of the beauty carpeting the forest floor
This one loudly proclaimed his displeasure at our presence!
Can you spot him?
The trail back is just as lovely as the trail in!
Total distance hiked = 8 miles
"By faith, he sojourned in the land of promise"
Monday, June 21, 2010
- Waited for a phone call from FIL
- to tell us it was time to pick him up and take him to the hospital 25 miles away to
- pick up MIL after her release from the hospital after having surgery earlier this week to remove an ovarian cyst.
- Went to W*lM*rt just out of boredom (and to buy a vintage style baby layette pattern ~ to make a gift for a baby shower next month.)
- Went to church
- Made brownies for Gentleman Farmer for Father's Day.
- Planned to watch Design Star but fell asleep instead!
"A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest."
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
- Went to the service/repair parts store 60 miles away to get the part for my broken washing machine
- Waited while Gentleman Farmer repaired the washing machine
- Caught up on the MOUNTAINS of laundry created by not having a washing machine
- Stopped at a favorite old fashioned meat market and picked up a 50 pound "family pack" of meat/chicken for the freezer
- Made a lovely pot roast with carrots and potatoes with a roast from the newly purchased family pack of meat
- Enjoyed a wonderful Sunday School video series called The Truth Project
- Cleaned up around the grape vines while
- Gentleman Farmer roto tilled our second garden spot
- Enjoyed our second day in a row of 70* weather
- Skimmed the delicious thick cream off of two gallons of raw, whole Jersey milk
- Picked up two bags of organic feed for 'the girls' who lay our beautiful organic eggs
- Looked for a recipe online for an easy homemade ice cream to use that lovely cream and eggs in
Head on over to Becky's to see what others did this weekend!
"Laziness casts into a deep sleep,
and an idle man will suffer hunger."
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
(Honey bee on wild rose)