Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I am "The Happy Wanderer"!

And who wouldn't be happy with such
glorious places as this in which
to wander?
~*~
I love to go a-wandering,
Along the mountain track,
And as I go, I love to sing,
My knapsack on my back.
~
Chorus:
Val~deri, Val~dera,
Val~deri,
Val~dera~ha~ha~ha~ha~ha
Val~deri,Val~dera
My knapsack on my back.
~
I love to wander by the stream
That dances in the sun,
So joyously it calls to me
"Come! Join my happy song!"
~
I wave my hat to all I meet,
And they wave back to me,
And blackbirds call so loud and sweet
From ev'ry green wood tree.
~
High overhead, the skylarks wing,
They never rest at home
But just like me, they love to sing,
As o'er the world we roam.
~
Oh, may I go a-wandering
Until the day I die!
Oh, may I always laugh and sing,
Beneath God's clear blue sky!
~*~
And Gentleman Farmer and I did
go a-wandering ~
to
"The Mountain"


Mt. Rainier


The *mountain track*


Some wildflowers...

still in bloom...

in October!



No blackbirds calling loud and sweet...

but we did see a ptarmigan in the *green wood tree*





We did wander *by the stream dancing in the sun*


"Oh, may I go a~wandering
Until the day I die!
Oh, may I always laugh and sing,
Beneath God's clear blue sky!"
~*~
Joining Susan for Outdoor Wednesday.
~*~
"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From whence shall my help come."
Psalm 121:1

12 comments:

Kelley said...

Wow! What a wonderful adventure you and Gentleman Farmer had and such beauty!
Wishing you a most blessed and wonderful Wednesday! *Ü*

Anna Olivia said...

Oh, what glorious scenery! ~*~

Anonymous said...

My dearest friend,

What joy it must have been to be surrounded by God's beautiful creation!

Thank you for taking me along...it was a breath of fresh air :-)

M.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous...and I loved your singing, too! :)Nancy

The B's said...

Beautiful pictures! It looks like a perfect day to visit Mr. Ranier; hope we can go sometime soon, too!

xoxo

Linda said...

Great post!! Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Lady Farmer,

I can hear you singing from here! Everything looks so beautiful there; thanks for sharing.

Love,

Marqueta

Life In a Little House said...

So pretty I need to head north for sure to see some of the season. ~thanks for sharing all those gorgeous pictures ~Love Heather

Ivory Spring said...

What beautiful pictures of nature. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks also for visiting - it's always wonderful to hear from you.

Jorgelina said...

Beautiful pictures!
What a wonderful adventure

Camille said...

What a GORGEOUS wonderful beautiful day!! How lovely to live near the mountains! We are so blessed, aren't we?? Such lovely photos you were able to take Raeann...so pretty. :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

Simply Heart And Home said...

Such a lovely trail. I would have loved to walk with you all.

Gina