Once again, I am joining Becky at Keys to the Cottage for...
- Woke up at 6:30am Saturday to greet a couple of Gentleman Farmers' logging friends who came to 'severely prune' down a couple of dying Big Leaf Maple trees in hopes of rejuvenating them. (The trees, not the loggers!)
- Made a big pot of spaghetti, sweet corn and hot garlic sourdough bread for the noon time meal for 'the boys'!
- Baked a batch of milk chocolate chip cookies for a reward for a girl in my Sunday School Class who correctly memorized and said some scripture verses. One dozen to the girl and the rest to the Gentleman Farmer and his logger friends for dessert.
- Studied for Sunday School lesson
- Met with, and picked up a pair of Red Flannel Long Johns from, Farmer's Daughter #1 as she and her family were returning to their home after a day spent with son in laws grandparents near the ocean. (Daughter and S-O-L live 2 hours away from us but we rendevoused at a midway point about 30 miles from our home.) The Long Johns will be used as part of the decoration in this year's VBS. I am decorating "The Bunk House."
- Kissed grandbabies several times and heard about their day at the ocean.
- Went to a baby shower where I presented this gift.
- Stayed up way too late watching the DVD of 'Little Doritt'.
- Taught Sunday School (I'm going to have to bake more cookies! Bribery really does work!)
- Took a nice nap (AFTER church, Cheri! :~P)
"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness."