Friday, February 13, 2009

A Gift of Love

~~~~~
From the Lady and Gentleman Farmer to all who visit here.

"If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing. Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

I Corinthians 13


10 comments:

Mama B said...

How lovely! We LOVE you and GF! =) xoxoxoxo

We 4 B's

Silver said...

"It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."

i like this one by Jaka..and yes, this famous 1 Cor 13 on pure LOVE too.

smiles,

Silver

Sandy said...

You are cordially invited to visit Quill Cottage today where a sweet surprise awaits you!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Lavinia said...

THanks so much for popping by my blog. I hope you and your are having a wonderful Valentines Day....!

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Lady Farmer,

So beautiful and true! A happy day to you, too!

Love,

Marqueta

Mrs. E said...

Happy Valentine's day to you, Lady Farmer!
Thank you for sharing this wonderful scripture.

Love & Blessings,
Miss Jen

Technonana said...

A great picture of unconditional LOVE!!
Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!!!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Dear Lady Farmer,

Sending warm Happy Valentine's Day wishes your way!

Kindly, ldh

Kathi said...

Very beautiful. This is a favorite passage of mine. Kathi

Jennifer said...

Beautiful words from The Word!! Thanks for sharing -