Thursday, November 20, 2008

Count Your Blessings


"Count your blessings, name them one by one; Count your blessings, see what God hath done."





Here is a fun recipe I found. Perhaps you would like to try it and "Bless" someone with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanksgiving Blessing Mix

Ingredients:

2 cups Bugles brand corn snacks

2 cups small pretzels

1 cup candy corn

1 cup dried fruit bits or raisins

1 cup peanuts or sunflower seeds

1 cup M&Ms brand chocolate candy

16 Hershey's Kisses

Directions:

In a large bowl, gently mix all ingredients except Hershey's Kisses.

Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup Mix in small cellophane treat bags. Add one Hershey's Kiss to each bag. Close bag with chenille stem or twist tie.

Make 16 gift tags with the following wording:

Thanksgiving Blessing Mix

Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our nation's abundance.

Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.

Candy Corn: Sacrifices of the Pilgrims' first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.

Nuts or seeds: Promise of a future harvest, one we will reap only if seeds are planted and tended with diligence.

Dried fruits or raisins: Harvest gifts of our bountiful land

M&Ms: Memories & Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.

Hershey's Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweeten our lives.

Cut out tags, and attach one to each bag.

Makes 16 Blessing Mix gift bags.

(Found at http://organizedchristmas.com )

"God hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ" Eph. 1:3

14 comments:

Linda C said...

This so original-- I've never heard of it before. And I love the pictures that you post. Your blog feels like such a peaceful place:)
Linda C

Cris said...

That is so beautiful!

cheri said...

What a wonderful idea! I'd never heard this one before either.
Hope all the M and M's and Hershey's kisses stay in the bags (I'm a chocaholic!).

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I miss my woodstove - many good memories of warm, cozy times.

Mind if I put a link on my blog to yours?

Jenn said...

I've been meaning to try this for a couple years, it sounds so cute!!

Susie Homemaker said...

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful idea with all of us...

Blessings,
Susie

Breath of Fresh Air said...

What a neat idea. This is the perfect solution for me to take with me since I have to travel 9 hrs to go home for Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing.

Jules said...

I'd never heard of this before. That is really neat. Nice of you to share. :o)

Jennifer said...

Wow - I have never seen anything like this - what a fun idea..especially with the kids.

"Dove" said...

What a lovely idea. I am headed to the store today to pick up the ingredients so I can have a batch ready to get in the mail this evening. I'm going to send some to my out of town family. Thanks for sharing this very clever idea!

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

The Thanksgiving Blessing Mix sounds like fun. I love all the ingredients too! Thanks for posting this...I may have to mix up some! Take care, DebraK

Linda C said...

I think we ARE kindred spirits. What color are your napkins? I am still putting hems in mine whenever I have a free block of time:)
Have a blessed Thanksgiving:)
Linda C

Lavinia said...

I love salty mixed with sweet. One time, I tried chocolate dipped potato chips. I thought I wouldn't like it, but actually I liked it very much. Thanks for this recipe!

Kelli said...

Lovely post and what a wonderful idea!
~Kelli

Rosezilla said...

I love that song! A good reminder to us. And what a great idea for Thanksgiving! I'll share this with my niece.