Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Little Thanksgiving Blessings!

I am the coordinator for our church's
Secret Sister Program.
Throughout the year
I like to give little gifts to each
lady that is participating since
I don't have a Secret Sister myself.
Since there are many ladies,
these need to be inexpensive gifts.
For Thanksgiving I came up with
these little paper cornucopia's
that hold a wee sampling of the
Thanksgiving Blessing Mix,
and the Cornucopia, when opened,
has the Blessings Mix Recipe printed
inside.



I had a roll of brown craft paper which I
cut into 8 1/2" X 11" (standard copy paper size)
pieces. (I wanted to use what I had available.)
Then I ran the paper through my printer
and printed the recipe onto the
cut down craft paper,
printing two recipes per page.
(This was kinda scary ~ I hoped it wouldn't hurt
my printer! But I have printed muslin
pressed onto a piece of butcher's paper
and it worked beautifully, so I gave
it a try. It printed ok, but did make a
racket as the cartridge passed over the
edges of the paper! :~O )
I cut the recipes apart and trimmed
each piece to measure approximately
5 1/2 inches square.
I used my newest paper punch to
decorate three sides of the paper.
Then I rolled the paper into a cone,
having the recipe on the inside.


I made a sticker ( this one says "Give Thanks"
and has a turkey on it)
to hold the cornucopia together.
(These were supposed to be clear
but they look rather like band-aids
to me! I am using them anyway.)

I filled a little square of plastic wrap with
the Blessings Mix and tied it with a
bit of vintage seam binding and
put it into the cone.
(I prefer to use waxed paper generally,
but used plastic wrap today so
the gals could see what they were getting!)


I hope these little Thanksgiving Cornucopia's
'Bless' all the ladies!
~*~
"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good."
Psalm 136:1

Edited Nov. 23: For Linda (and anyone else who may be interested)
I bought this Martha Stewart punch at Michael's.
I'm sure you can find one anywhere scrapbooking
supplies are sold!

17 comments:

Camille said...

You are incredibly sweet Raeann! How could all those ladies not be blessed by your kindess?? I'm so sorry you don't have a secret sister...I'm sure you do a lovely job of coordinating it all. :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

Anonymous said...

We do the same thing in our church...but this year we decided to stop...instead we meet at each other's houses for tea :)

Your gift is just lovely...just like you dear friend :)

M.

Nadine said...

What a sweet idea! ;)
I am sure all the Secret Sisters will love it!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Christa said...

These are so adorable. How creative and kind you are to make such a gift for all these ladies. I would enjoy the munchies inside, then keep the rest and not be able to get rid of it because it's so special.
What a blessing from the Lord you are to these ladies.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

You are, indeed, clever and thoughtful and kind. A woman, I am sure, in whom God finds favor.

The B's said...

Oooh, may I be one of your secret sisters? =) What a lovely idea!

xoxoxoxo

Simply Heart And Home said...

You are so crafty! I love your cornucopias. Perhaps I will try my hand at them though I am sure they won't look as nice as yours!

Blessings,

Gina

Rebecca Nelson said...

FABULOUS MY FRIEND! Simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us! Oh..and thanks for adding my Giveaway button to your sidebar! Whoot! Whoot!

xoRebecca

Jennifer said...

These are so sweet. I have made the blessing mix before but I just love making them a gift this way! I would love to share these with my ladies' group. (and do you have any cute ideas up your sleeve for Christmas??!) :)

Thanks for sharing, friend.

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Love your pretty cornucopias! So clever to write on the inside! I love those edge punchers too... I find I am looking for things to punch!!
Bella

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Lady Farmer,

Ooh, you make me want to dig out my lace punch and do something similar for Thanksgiving! I'm sure that all the ladies will be so thankful that you thought of them.

May you have a most wonderful weekend.

Love,

Marqueta

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

This is the sweetest and prettiest gift and idea. A joy for your Secret Sisters to receive! They turned out so nice!!!

Armfuls of Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your dear family, Raeann!

Gina

Linda Stubbs said...

Oh my.......how beautiful!!!!!!! You did such a lovely job and it would be so cute as a gift for anyone. I love the punch also. Could you share with us where we could find one? I love how it looks.

Thank you sweet friend for putting me on your side bar. You are such a sweetie.

Hugs, Linda
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving! I will be thinking how thankful I am for you!

Sue said...

I am always amazed at how gifted you are with your hands.The cornucopias are beautiful.
I wanted to come by this morning to wish you and your family a most blessed Thanksgiving.
Hugs, Sue

Camille said...

Just stopping in to let you know I'm thinking of you tonight. Trust all is well? Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

Blessings,
Camille

Abounding Treasures said...

What a beautiful gift this will make!

I have one of those MS doily edge punches and they are lovely, aren't they?!!