Thursday, April 5, 2012

A little spot of Springtime!


Inspired by the brief, albeit welcomed sunshine,
I brought out my few pieces of Springtime decor consisting
of chicks, eggs and bunnies.
I hesitate to call it Easter decor,
for none of these represent the
Truth of Easter.



A few flowers from the garden


 Sweet little golden chicks



 an assortment of eggs.

These are some first attempts at Pysanki (Ukrainian Easter eggs) that
I made ages ago. These are dark and not very
Springlike, as all  the pretty ones have been
given away.

These are some 'drilled' goose eggs
also made years ago,when I kept geese.
The eggs are blown out and cleaned
with a vinegar solution to whiten the shells
and dissolve the thick membrane lining the
inner shell. Draw a design on the shell
and with a Dremmel Drill fitted with a small
grinding bit, 'cut' out your design.
These are much prettier if sprayed with
a light coat of varnish.
If I ever get more goose or duck eggs
I will make some more and perhaps do a tutorial.

~*~

The chicks and eggs speak of the
'new birth' of Spring and
are a reminder of the New Birth
that we can have because
of the death and Resurrection
of our Saviour Jesus Christ!

~*~
"I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore."
Rev. 1:18
"Because I live, ye shall live also."
John 14:19







Joining these blog parties:
Deborah Jean for

Kathy for

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly enjoyed viewing your springtime decor, especially your eyes. The drill-cut ones are my favorite. You must have a very skilled and steady hand to do such fine work without breaking the shells.

I hope you have a blessed Easter!

momoflots said...

Lovely spring decorations! The goose eggs are soo pretty and I your embroidered tablecloth is lovely! My mother-in-law made me one that is very similar - and I enjoy it so much. Happy Easter - He is Risen!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Very lovely as always my friend :)
m.