Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pop Quiz for Outdoor Wednesday!

Joining Susan for Outdoor Wednesday.


~*~*~

Number your papers from 1 to 28, please.

(Remember when your teacher said that? It would always send chills up my spine!

Now I'm on the other end of the question ~ I love this feeling of power! Bwa-ha-ha!)

We celebrated my youngest granddaughter's 3rd birthday at Northwest Trek.

These pics were taken there. Let's see how many you can name!

(All the names of the flora/fauna are at the bottom of this post ~

not in the correct order, of course! I will post the answers tomorrow.)

Time starts now!



1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


6.


7.


8.


9.


10.


11.


12.


13.


14.


15.


16.


17.



18.


19.


20.


21.


22.


23.
(This one is going to be tough! Use the process of elimination
to find out what this is.)

24.


25.


26.


27.


28.
---------------------------------------------------------
Bobcat, Bison Bull, Bison Cow, Bighorn Sheep, Blacktail Deer,
Black Bear, Bald Eagle, Bull Elk, Cougar, Cow Elk, Coyote, Elk 'Horn' or is it 'Antler'? This is your extra credit question!
Fox, Fisher, Great Horned Owl, Lynx, Moose, Martin, River Otter, Red Tailed Hawk, Snowy Owl, Striped Skunk, Screech Owl, Spotted Owl, Trumpeter Swans, Trillium, Wolf, Wolverine
---------------------------------------------------------
Time's up! We'll correct our papers tomorrow!
See you then!
~*~*~*~*~
"Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him."
Proverbs 30:5

10 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Oh~ what BEAUTIFUL
creatures! :)

Stacey 18 said...

Very cool, I definitely didn't recognise some of those animals. I will have to do some more studies. Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

The Charm of Home said...

Great idea for a post. Great photos. I got some of them right.

Sharon said...

God's creation is so beautiful!!! I recognize some of the anilmals but not all.

Oh BTW, Antlers. It drives me nuts when people call them horns!

Have a blessed day sweetie!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I recognized most of them, except for #9.

What an amazing place that is!

Thank you for sharing it with us dear friend :)

Maria

Nadine said...

Wonderful pictures!
I have not been there since I was little!
We have a bobcat & coyotes that live in our neighborhood and I have Trillium growing in my garden.
We should plan a trip there to take the kids...I know they would enjoy it!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Lady Farmer,

Okay, here goes: Lynx, cougar, wolf, moose, bighorn sheep, elk antler shed, bison bull, bison cow, elk cow, black-tailed deer, trumpeter swans, elk bull, bald eagle, white trillium, snowy owl, great-horned owl, black bear, fisher, martin, wolverine, river otter, skunks, bear?, coyote, red fox, screech owl, spotted owl, red tailed hawk.

Did we pass, teacher? :)

We'll be looking forward to seeing the right answers!

Love,

Marqueta

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a great post and an amazing place! They are definitely antlers!

~ Tracy

Camille said...

How fun Raeann! I missed out on taking the quiz due to busy things and happenings, but I think that was a great idea! Such lovely photos of God's magnificent creatures! I *love* seeing the Bald Eagles on our beach walks...about three of them have a nest in a tree there...they are "regulars".

Have a lovely weekend!
Love,
Camille

fullofmischiefandmayhem said...

You should offer a second challenge and ask for latin names next time! :) I can get most of the mammals off the top of my head, but I have trouble remembering the birds other than Buteo (hawk genus).